Plumbing issues are inevitable and can happen at any time, leaving homeowners in a tight spot. Whether it’s a leaky faucet or a clogged drain, having the right tools on hand can save you a lot of time and money in the long run!
Here are the top 5 plumbing tools every homeowner should have:
- A plunger is an essential tool that every homeowner should have in their plumbing toolbox. It’s perfect for unclogging toilets, sinks, and shower drains. Plungers work by creating suction and pushing water and debris through the drain, making it an effective and inexpensive solution to common plumbing problems.
- A pipe wrench is a must-have tool for any homeowner. It’s used to tighten and loosen pipes, nuts, and bolts. Pipe wrenches come in various sizes, so it’s essential to have a few different ones in your toolbox to tackle different jobs. They are durable, reliable and can make difficult jobs easier.
- Plumbers are commonly required to go into dark spaces, such as basements, so having a flashlight can help to identify leaks or other plumbing issues that may be difficult to see with the naked eye. By shining a light on the affected area, a plumber can quickly identify the source of the problem and determine the best course of action.
- A plumbing snake, also known as an auger, is used to clear out clogs that are too stubborn for a plunger. Plumbing snakes come in various lengths and can be manual or powered. They work by inserting the snake into the drain and breaking up the clog with its rotating blades.
- Teflon tape, also known as plumber’s tape, is used to seal threaded pipe joints. It’s an inexpensive and straightforward solution to prevent leaks. Teflon tape is easy to use, and all you have to do is wrap it around the threads in a clockwise direction.
Having the right plumbing tools on hand can save you time, money and water while you wait for a professional plumber. Don’t wait until a plumbing issue arises before stocking up on these essential tools.